As a parent, you probably want your little ones to explore the world in every possible way. One of the most fun and creative ways to do that is through art! Whether your child is a budding Picasso or likes to make a beautiful mess with colours, introducing them to the world of art can and should be a fun and rewarding experience for both of you.
How do I get started ?
Let us start off by understanding that “Every child is different and has their own unique interests ,preferences and medium of expression” and that “Every Child is an Artist in their own ways “.
Here are few generic ways you can getting started on this Creative journey -
- Set up the art space: First things first, you need to create a fun and inviting space for your child to unleash their inner artist. Put on some music, grab some snacks, and break out the art supplies!
After all , we have a dedicated place for cooking , eating , sleeping , why not one for doing Art then? All these activities and places have become a habitual routine for kids to do the respective activities , Similarly allot a particular area for art and make it a habit - A place where kids can go to create Art wonders anytime .
An Art space can be made following these simple steps -
- Set up an Art table - Equip it with art supplies
- Stick Paper rolls on the wall /floor - Using our 20m Art roll, create an art space.
So now the next time your child wants to do Art , just point them to their Art station and let them Dabble away!
To SEE how to Create an Art Station - Click HERE -
- Start with the basics and warm up : Before diving into a full-blown art project, start with the basics!
- Allow them to observe and Sit in Front of your child - Children are Imitators! While you are creating a fun scene to Dabble , Sit in front of them (If possible ) and allow them to watch and learn and Show your child how to hold a paintbrush or crayon.
- Talk about what you’re doing- make a story out of the brushes and our Shaped PlayArt Crayons - “How did Dada go to the office today ..? He took this car and zoom he went “ , “ Let’s take the Bus on the road..”.
- Start of with Dots and Lines - Start singing while making dots and lines on the crayons - ”Dip Dip Dip Tap Tap Tap” , “Jump all over the paper, walk all over the paper , run all over the paper”
- Let them explore and experiment 1 colour at a time.Introducing one color at a time to your little one helps to assist them in recognizing each color more distinctly Plan out a few basic ideas with different textures and patterns. Start off with the Primary colours! To understand more on Why Only 3 Primary colours - READ THIS <https://dabbleplayart.com/blogs/finger-painting-fun/why-only-3-primary-colours >
- Make it fun and Let them get messy : Speaking of mess, don't be afraid to let your child get a little wild with our Toxin - Free art supplies. Who cares if it gets all over the place? It's all in the name of creativity! Art doesn't have to be serious business! Turn on some music, wear silly hats, or have a dance party while you create. The more fun you make it, the more your child will enjoy it.
READ what our Dabbler mom has to say about her beautiful Mess! https://dabbleplayart.com/blogs/creativity-in-kids/beautiful-mess-with-my-toddler
- Choose Developmentally appropriate and Safe art products: Safety is always a top priority when it comes to kids, and that goes for art supplies too. That’s why you can choose Dabble’s 100% safe art supplies. Dabble’s Products are very Development Friendly as well. Choose a product that will help your child! Our Products help to -
🌈 Develop pre-writing skills
🌈 Builds fine motor skills
🌈 Improves hand-eye coordination
🌈 Spatial intelligence and the list goes on..
This way, you can let your child get messy without any worries plus ,They can Learn with Dabble too! Be rest assured along with the 40,000 other parents that trust us and Dabble Away!
- Encourage creativity: Don't be too rigid in your approach. Let your child explore their own ideas, imagination and express themselves in their own unique way. Let them mix 2 colours and experience the magic of Colour Mixing , let them just be alone with paints without micromanaging every move ,You might be surprised by what they come up with!
- Display their art: Finally, showcase your child's masterpieces by displaying them around the house. Whether it's on the fridge, in a frame, or on a special art wall, seeing their artwork celebrated will give them a sense of pride , accomplishment and motivation.
- Be consistent - Spend 10 minutes a day with your child and indulge in Art
- Allow them to observe and Sit in Front of your child
Embracing an art-full life is easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy! All you need is an open mind, a few safe art supplies, and a sprinkle of preparation.
Watch this video from our Dabble mom, Priyanshi HERE